Wednesday 24 September 2014

Melanie Auld Ring to Earrings

Did it myself! Until this afternoon, I had a Melanie Auld ring that was just lovely - exactly like below but in gunmetal with black hematite stones.

However, I was finding I wasn't wearing the ring as often as warranted - A) because I have a right-hand ring I wear almost every day and adding the Auld didn't look right with it; and B) it was slightly too big for all my fingers so tended to roll around. Classic impulse purchase!

What I really DID need was a pair of classy black studs. I hemmed and hawed if this could actually be a DIY project...and today just went for it! Managed to split some earring backings off old fake pearls I didn't wear, took metal snips to the ring, filed and painted where the ring had joined the stones, and used metal resin to adhere the posts. Voila!

Love <3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment