Tuesday 9 September 2014

Cheap jewelry...c'mon, don't pretend you don't KWIM!

Buying cheap jewelry is SO not worth it! You know what I mean by "cheap"...it's not necessarily about the price, it's about the quality. It's taken me decades to finally figure this out and swear an oath to never again purchase poor quality crap, no matter how stylish it is or what a good deal it seems.

My latest (and last) such shopping blunder occurred when I decided to join in the midi ring craze. I got a dozen simple silver-colored bands in various sizes for $24. Loved the look - for about 2 hours! After that, my fingers had gone green and the bands were exposing brass areas. And I had even coated them with clear nail polish first!

Geez, I hate wasting money! Jewel-lovers, repeat after me: "I will never again buy crappy quality baubles, no matter the sale."

PS. This said, there are many quality makers of beautiful fashion jewelry at very reasonable price points...more to follow!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment