Saturday 6 September 2014

Orange 'n' Blues

OOTD (wtpp) = Outfit of the Day (without the professional photographer)

Introducing my own OOTD thread. However, unlike many fashion blogs you may have seen, mine will feature terrible photos! Well seriously, this is in part due to my darling husband (DH) being recruited to take the photos, and DH, while talented in a variety of other areas, is not a stellar photographer. Also in large part to the reality that I featuring clothes that I am ACTUALLY wearing out to REAL places! I love and admire fashion bloggers donning fierce designer outfits with staggering heels in a variety of cosmopolitan settings, all captured in mega-pixel, well-lit perfection. However, this is not my life. And I doubt it's theirs either.

I'm sure they are not going out to grocery-shop in these outfits. Or even strolling around sight-seeing and lunching. They are putting on outfits, taking amazing pictures, going home or to a hotel, changing, and getting on with their real lives.

So my OOTD posts will be raw, grainy, and ill-shot...but they will be REAL!

Phew! So today, DH and I decided to treat ourselves to a late summer lunch out at my favorite local winery restaurant - Quails Gate. I orginally put on grey wide-leg coulottes and a black silk tank, but DH vetoed this as too dark for the sunny day. Opted for the fresher BCBG ensemble of a neon orange pleated skirt and flowy white tank. When it came to accessories, I realized all my blues worked beautifully with the orange - from the Minkoff denim blue studded Affair, marine Hermes CDC, light blue Rebekah Price Rivoli studs, navy/cobalt/white sandals from Aldo, and the light blue stone and chain collar I found at Value Village for $4 (private yay!).

Loving my blues!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment